These terms govern your use of the Members Area and the products, features, apps, services, technologies and software that we may offer, except where we expressly state that separate terms (and not these) apply.
- For online security and safety, we need you to provide accurate information about yourself when setting up your profile.
- Each user is only permitted to create one account for themselves.
- Do not share your password, give others access to your account or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
- You may not use this site if:
– you live outside the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland
– you are under 18 (proof of age may be required)
– we’ve previously disabled your account for breaches of our terms or policies.
– you’re prohibited from receiving our products, services or software under applicable laws.
- We employ a zero-tolerance anti-bullying policy. Should you be reported with allegations of bullying, we reserve the right to suspend your account pending an investigation. If you are found to have been bullying another user and the actions are deemed serious, we will terminate your membership of this site and or our other products and we may be required to report you to the police.
- We employ a zero-tolerance policy against content which could be seen as promoting violence, fraudulent activity or acts of terror. Any content containing such references may be reported to the police.
We want people to use our site to express themselves and to share content that is important to them and the vaping community, but not at the expense of the safety and wellbeing of others or the integrity of this community. By signing up, you therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
- You may not use our products to do or share anything:
- That breaches these terms, or our other terms or policies which are also available through this website.
- That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
- That infringes or breaches someone else’s rights.
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable or impair the proper working order or appearance of our site.
- You may not access or collect data from our site using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
Please note: We reserve the right to remove any content that you share which we find to be in breach of these provisions and, if applicable, we may act against your account. We may also suspend your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property (IP) rights.
Where appropriate, we will take steps to notify you when we remove your content for breaching our standards as outlined in these terms and our other policies, which are also available on this site. We may not be able to provide notice in all cases, for example if we are prohibited from doing so by law or where it might harm our community or the integrity of our Products.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report any content you suspect to be in breach or violation of these terms and policies.
We need your permission to:
1. Use content that you create and share: You own the content that you create and share on this site and nothing in these terms takes away those rights. However, in order to provide our services, we need you to give us some legal permissions to use this content.
When you share, post or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (e.g. photos or videos) on or in connection with our site, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free and worldwide licence to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content. This means, for example, that if you share a photo on our site, you give us permission to store, copy and share it with others such as service providers that support our service.
You can end this licence at any time by deleting your content or account. You should know that, for technical reasons, any content that you delete may persist for a limited period of time as a back-up, but it will not be visible to others during this time. In addition, content that you delete may continue to appear if you have shared it with others and they have not deleted it.
- Use your name, profile picture and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content:You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions that you have taken on this site next to or in connection with ads, offers and other sponsored content that we may display across our site without any compensation to you.
Limits on using our intellectual property (IP)
Should you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our products (e.g. images, designs, videos or sounds that we provide, which you add to your own content or share on this site) we retain all rights to that content but not yours. You may only use our copyrights or trademarks with prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source licence) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
Updating our terms
We always strive to improve our services and develop new features to make your user experience of this site better. As a result, we may need to update these terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you by email as soon as we have made changes to these terms. Once any updated terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our site.
We want you to get the most out of the Vapouround Club, but if you do not agree to our updated terms and no longer want to be a part of this online vaping community, you may delete your account at any time.
Membership of The Vapouround Club Terms and Conditions
Except where expressly agreed otherwise by us in writing, every member of the club shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is: Orange Fox Media (Company no 227379584) trading as Vapouround. Our registered office is at Markeaton House, 3 Slater Avenue, Derby, DE1 1GT UK
- Membership of the Vapouround Club members area is open to anyone working within the vaping industry aged 18 and over. Proof of ID may be required. The Vapouround Club reserves the right to use discretion in all matters relating to membership. Please note we will carry out checks to verify your status.
Members of the public aged 18+ may also join the Vapouround Club, however some resources are strictly for the industry and are not available to the general public.
- The Vapouround Club offers a bi-monthly subscription which offers two types of membership: Standard membership which is free of charge and a VIP membership which is £9.99 bi-monthly.
- By purchasing a bi-monthly VIP subscription, you acknowledge that your subscription has an initial and recurring payment feature. Your account will be charged on the 1st day of every calendar bi-monthly.
- Payment will be taken via PayPal. Bank information must be supplied at the time of commencement of membership.
- A member should write or email to inform us if s/he does not wish to renew his/her membership otherwise we will automatically continue with the selected payment method.
- Any cancellations for subscriptions must be received before the 14th day of the previous month to prevent the charge for following next month.
- You may cancel your first order of your bi-monthly subscription and receive a refund at any time before your order is delivered and up to fourteen-days afterwards, beginning on the day after you receive the products. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the products in accordance with the Vapouround Club refunds policy. Please note subscriptions cancelled after the 14th day of the previous month will receive the following month’s products as your final order.
- Failure to make payment for subscription during due date will result in cancellation and all services may be suspended.
- A member can switch from a VIP to Standard or Standard to VIP membership, but s/he must cancel their membership 14 days before they receive their order.
- By submitting your personal information, you agree to receive emails from Vapouround containing offers and developments that we think may interest you. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe or update your preferences on every email we send you.
- Members will be notified by email of any changes to subscription fees; the website will detail other changes.
- Terms and conditions of membership may be revised from time to time and members should be aware of the terms and conditions posted on the website.
- The Vapouround Club boxes are only available in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PRE-RELEASE HARDWARE EXCLUSIVES
- The Vapouround Club has partnered with hardware manufacturers to bring industry members exclusive deals on vape devices before they go on general release.
- Members must be verified to be working in the vape industry and must be 18+ to avail of these offers.
- The hardware made available on pre-release will be on pre-release for a limited time only. This is usually seven days and this will be specified in the offer.
- Following the pre-release period, the device will be available on wholesale from The Vapouround Club’s exclusive distributor, ADV Distro.
- Should members be unhappy about their device due to damage or malfunction upon receipt of the hardware exclusive, The Vapouround Club requires photographic evidence of any physical damage. Where possible, The Vapouround Club may be able to offer a refund or exchange for a new device. However, we cannot guarantee this in all cases and any refunds or exchanges will operate on a case by case basis.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THE VAPOUROUND CLUB APP
Currently, the app is only available to Android users. We are working to bring members of the club an iOS version as soon as possible.
Use of the Vapouround Club app is governed by the general terms outlined above, but the following also applies.
When a user downloads the app, we receive certain details about the user. These include the user’s country, how active they have been on the app, a device code which shows us what kind of phone they are using, the date and time they first used the app, the most recent date and time of usage, duration of previous session, their language code.
No personal data is received by Vapouround when a user downloads or uses the app.
Vapouround Club Privacy Notice for Club Members
Your membership of the Vapouround Club is governed by the Club membership terms and conditions available here. This privacy notice gives you further information about the way we collect and use personal information about you, which is known as “personal data” under data protection legislation.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing, which we do only with your explicit consent, and also to processing which is carried out for the purposes of our legitimate interests. For more information, see the “Your Rights” section below.
CHANGES TO DATA PROTECTION LAW
The law in relation to data protection is changing in the EU with effect from May 25 2018. This Privacy Notice has been updated in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 for club members registering with effect from May 2018, to reflect your new and enhanced rights and to update how we process your personal data.
You should read through this Privacy Notice to fully understand the basis upon which we collect your personal data, how we use it, where we store it and to whom it is disclosed.
Commitment to Privacy
We are committed to protecting your personal data and right to privacy. We will always keep your personal data safe and comply with applicable data protection legislation.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country. If you are based in the UK, please go to https://ico.org.uk/ for more information.
What does this mean?
|1. The right to be informed||
You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Privacy Notice.
|2. The right of access||
You have the right to obtain access to your personal data (if we’re processing it), and certain other information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Notice).
|3. The right to rectification||You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.|
|4. The right to erasure||
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
|5. The right to restrict pro-cessing||
You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal data. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal data to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
|6. The right to data portability||
You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
|7. The right to object to pro-cessing||
You have the right to object to processing for direct marketing (which we do only with your consent) and also to processing which is carried out for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
8. The right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator.
|9. The right to withdraw consent||
If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes.
Please see the Requests section for more information on how we will handle your requests.
WHO WE ARE
The entities listed are of Vapouround (Orange Fox Media Ltd). References in this Notice to “we” or “us” are to the entities listed. Each of the listed entities are committed to protecting your privacy and are joint data controllers and processors within the meaning of data protection laws applicable in the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA).
Vapouround is the data controller.
Vapouround is the data processor.
As data controllers and processors, we have arrangements between us to ensure that we handle your personal data correctly and in accordance with data protection law. We have nominated a Data Compliance Officer within Vapouround (Orange Fox Media Ltd.). These arrangements reflect our respective roles and responsibilities in relation to you, and considers which entity is in the best position to fulfil each obligation to you. If you would like more information, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please insert My Data Protection in the subject field of your email. Alternatively, you can call 01332 650 239 and ask to speak with the Data Compliance Officer.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We collect the personal data you freely provide to us as part of your registration to the Vapouround Club and any further personal data you provide to update your details from time-to-time. This may include details like your name, address, place of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, landline and mobile phone numbers and perhaps other contact details relating to your role within the vape industry. As per our terms and conditions, registration of the Club depends on proof of employment within the vape industry.
We may also collect information about your preferences. We may ask you to provide us with information about your favourite e-liquids, hardware, juice ranges, manufacturers, vape shops and expos so that we may tailor our news, offers and membership boxes to your personal preferences, and about your marketing preferences so we can make sure that we are contacting you using your preferred method of communication.
Please note that in order for you to register with the Vapouround Club, we require the following:
– your name
– your email address
– a contact number
– your home address (for delivery of the membership box)
– your company’s name
– your company’s contact number
– your company’s address
– some bank details where VIP memberships are requested
Please note: Credit / debit card details are processed through a secure third-party website which specialises in this area and are not stored on paper on the premises by Vapouround (Orange Fox Media Ltd.) or ADV Distro.
You cannot register to become a member via social media. But you may see an option to register advertised on social media. This secure link will take you to our website where you can register.
If you have given us permission to do so, we collect information about your approximate location based on your IP address with Google Analytics when you open emails.
We collect cookies from your device when you visit a website associated with the Vapouround Club or one of our associated brands.
When we interact with you (for example, when you are using services we provide) we may learn certain details about you that do not fit into one of the categories above. We may record this information in order to ensure we can remember important details about you in future. We ensure that only a small number of authorised personnel within the Vapouround (Orange Fox Media Ltd) marketing department have access to this personal data and we will not use it for any purpose other than to build an ongoing relationship with you.
Throughout your membership we may – if you have given us your consent to market to you – ask for your feedback on certain items about your experiences with us, including whether you are likely to recommend the Club. The feedback we receive from you may affect the nature or volume of marketing material you receive from us where you have consented to receive such marketing material.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are processing your personal data to be able to provide you with membership to and participation in the Vapouround Club and in particular to do the following:
- when we make Club members aware of special offers / upgrades / updates / events, we can tailor these to you to make sure you are sent the kinds of offers you will be most interested in
• when we think that as a valued member of our Club, you deserve a reward
In addition, we use your personal data:
- to manage and improve the Vapouround Club
• to better understand your behaviour in order to develop and improve the products contained in the membership box, so as to provide you with an enhanced Club experience;
• to analyse the effectiveness of our marketing and to help us provide more relevant offers, advice and information to you and other members;
• to build up a clearer picture of our members, both as a group and as individuals and thereby provide you with a seamless, relevant and consistent service;
• to provide you with information about events, special offers, promotions and other relevant matters concerning Vapouround and the goods which they sell and services they provide. Remember, you may opt-out of receiving communications or update your preferences at any time.
- to advertise Vapouround Magazine on social media to other people who may also be interested in what we have to offer (if you have given your consent for us to do so);
• to advertise offers or promotions made available by our third party partners (as set out under the Who We Share Your Personal Data With section) if you have given us your consent to do so;
• to provide any services which you may request or which we may offer as part of your Club membership;
• to ensure that the information we hold is kept accurate and up to date;
• (if we have your consent, where this is required by law) for research and analysis and in order that we may contact you on occasion for such a purpose or for the purpose of conducting surveys or focus groups; and
• to notify you about changes to our services
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR DATA FOR
We will keep your personal data for as long as you continue to interact with us (for example, if you read or click on an email we send you, make a purchase from Vapouround or attend an event we host or organise. If we do not have any interaction with you for three years, we will attempt to contact you to see if you still want to be a Club member.
If we do not hear from you or if you tell us, at any time, that you no longer want to be a Club member, then we will delete your personal data from our records.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We share your personal data between ourselves – as we are identified in the ‘About Us’ section – by having joint access to a central database shared by Vapouround (Orange Fox Media Ltd.) The Vapouround Club shares the personal data of its own Club members with Vapouround Magazine, by including it as part of our central database. This allows you as a Club member to benefit from a relationship with the Vapouround brand.
For the purposes set out above, we may also provide your personal data to our suppliers and processors who perform certain business services for us. We share your personal data with third parties who:
- process transaction information as outlined above, where you have signed up for the VIP membership package
• if you have given your consent for us to do so communicate with you on our behalf via email;
In addition, we may disclose your personal data:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our customers or others. This includes, in specific cases, exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection; and
• to successors in title or replacement operators of all or part of our respective businesses.
THE LEGAL BASIS FOR US USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- It is necessary for us to process your email address for performance of the contract between us in relation to the Vapouround Club.
- In certain circumstances, we process your personal data after obtaining your consent to do so for the purposes of:
- sending you marketing communications;
- advertising on social media platforms;
- using your location to deliver specific messaging and content to you; and
- using your location to monitor the effectiveness of our messaging.
- In most cases, it is in our legitimate interests to collect and use the personal data referred to above (see What Personal Data Do We Collect About You? above) so that we can:
- provide you with a service that is as useful, enjoyable and beneficial to you as possible, including by personalising our contact with you, making sure we tell you about all the offers that relate specifically to your preferences, and contacting you using your preferred method of communication; and
- better understand our customer base so that we can improve our services and marketing activities (which could also benefit you).
When we rely on our legitimate interests in order to collect and use your personal data, we must consider whether those legitimate interests are overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms. We may continue only if we decide that your interests, rights and freedoms do not override our legitimate interests.
We have considered these matters, and where we think there is a risk that one of your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms may be affected we will not use your personal data unless there is another legal basis for us to do so (either that it is necessary for us to perform our contract with you, or on the basis of your consent). For example, we believe that collecting your location data may be intrusive, and so we will only do so with your consent.
What happens if you do not provide us with the personal data we request or ask that we stop processing your personal data?
If you ask that we stop using your personal data, or if you do not wish to provide the details on the sign up form, (see Your Rights above) we may not be able to provide you with all the benefits of the Club.
HOW WE CONTACT YOU
The Club works best when we are free to communicate with you to share details of promotions, upgrades, rewards, giveaways, events and offers you might be interested in.
In order to provide you with the benefits of the Club, we may, if we have your consent, contact you by post, e-mail, SMS text messages, telephone or other means.
If you no longer wish to receive such or certain communications, you can let us know by emailing us at email@example.com with My Data Protection in the subject field. You may also choose to click unsubscribe on an email at any time and this will notify us that you wish to be removed from our mailing list.
Please note that the legal basis for us carrying out automated decision making or “profiling” activity is that it is in our legitimate interests to do so, having taken into account whether your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms are overridden by this type of processing. See The legal basis for us using your personal data (above) for more information.
Requests to us
We are required by law to act on requests and provide information free of charge, except where your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive (in particular because of their repetitive nature) in which case we may charge a reasonable fee (taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication, or taking the action requested), or refuse to act on the request.
Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll come back to you and let you know.
If you need to contact us for any reason (including to exercise any of your rights in relation to data protection as set out above) please send us your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and put My Data Protection in the subject field. Alternatively, you may call 01332 650 239.
Effective from May 25, 2018 in compliance with the GDPR
What Are Cookies?
There are different types of cookies used for different purposes, such as analytics, functionality, customer preference, or for marketing purposes. Here is the breakdown of each:
- Analytics cookies: we partner with third parties, such as Google Analytics, to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites over time for non-advertising purposes such as improving the site functionality and website experience. To learn more about how Google Analytics collects, and processes data and the choices Google may offer to control these activities, you may visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as keeping items in your basket when shopping online. These cookies expire when the browser is closed.
- Preference cookies: we use these cookies to help us remember your preferences, such as location or email address, to enhance your shipping experience.
- Advertising or targeting cookies: We partner with third parties that may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this and sites other websites in order to provide you with relevant advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. This type of advertising is sometimes called interest-based advertising. No personally-identifiable information is collected or used in this process.
Why does this matter?
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future.